Instagram Slider

  • Our two days at Creamfields were a lot of funhellip
  • Jeremy and I went for a walk around Manchester tohellip
  • First time in Manchester! Jeremy and I travelled there tohellip
  • Cops riding around on horses Seems a lot more funhellip
  • The other day Jeremy got a notification on Facebook thathellip
  • What is the most impressive churchcathedral youve been to? Thishellip
  • Have you ever been to Uppsala? If so let mehellip
  • This might look like a regular hill but its nothellip

A lovely Saturday

July 12, 2015

So I haven’t blogged at all this weekend and that’s because I’ve been feeling quite unwell. I’m in that stage at the beginning of getting a cold, where you have a scratchy throat and one minute you feel cold, and the next you’re sweating. Luckily, I managed to have a pretty good day on Saturday before I started feeling ill.

I actually thought it was just a hangover at first, and I still know it partly was, but I got over the hangover pretty quick. Jeremy and I decided to try out this little deli/breakfast place here in Karori called Gipp Street Deli. We went there another time, but left because I was in the mood for lunch rather than breakfast, and they seem to mostly do breakfast. Both Jeremy and I went for the Big Breakfast.

It was pretty nice. Although, I’m not a big fan of sourdough, and pretty much everything on the menu came with sourdough, except for the hotcakes which they had sold out of, haha. I couldn’t really finish all of my food, probably partly because of the hangover, but also because of the fact that I was starting to feel a bit ill.

Although I wasn’t feeling too great, I didn’t want to waste the day, so once we were finished there we decided to head to Te Papa to have a walk around and check out the exhibits. We had a bit of a stroll in the garden area and it was a beautiful (but cold) day outside.

The queue to the Gallipoli exhibition was massive. Jeremy estimated it would probably take over an hour to get in. So we decided not to waste time standing in that queue. We instead went to the Air New Zealand exhibition. It was pretty interesting. Jeremy had already been there once before so he knew where the best bits were, haha.

They had a virtual reality thing there about the future of air travel. Unfortunately there was a big line for that too, so we didn’t end up seeing it. I was feeling quite exhausted, so didn’t really want to stand in a queue for very long. Plus, our parking was almost up, so we had to get out of there anyway.

We decided to go for a drive around Oriental Bay to see if we could find a cafe. I was craving an iced chocolate. We found a cafe called Greta Point Cafe. Luckily, iced chocolates were on their menu, so we got one each, and shared a massive chocolate brownie. Yum!


After that, I started feeling like it was about time to head home, so we did. Once we got home, I basically just had to lie down and rest. We ended up watching a movie called ‘The Giver’ which I thought was pretty good. Not at all what I expected, but good! And we ended the evening with a bit of The Amazing Race.

A great Saturday! 🙂


Previous Post Next Post

You may also like


  • Continuing with M.E

    Hope your feeling better soon. Sounds like a great day and that brownie looks amazing.

    July 13, 2015 at 10:00 am Reply
  • Comment on this post

    %d bloggers like this: