Every now and again, I wake up feeling really inspired and want to make healthy choices. This morning I woke up and I felt like I wanted to start going to the gym again. The thought of getting fit always makes me really excited!
The problem is that it’s so extremely inconvenient for the following reasons:
- I don’t believe there is a gym in Karori, where I live. If there is one, I’m fairly sure it would be quite expensive. (If anyone from Wellington reads this and knows of one, please let me know!)
- Working out during lunch is not really an option for me. Mainly because I’m one of those people who never feels comfortable without make-up on in public. So, it would take me way too long to work out, shower and put my make-up on again. Plus, I work in customer service, which means I need to be back at my desk exactly when my break is over. There is no room to extend it.
- I can’t drive in to the city in the morning, because Jeremy and I carpool. Either he’d have to take the bus (which I know he’s absolutely hate), or I would have to take the bus, which would then take at least 20 minutes to half an hour to get to town in the first place. So most of the morning would be gone by the time I even get to the gym, and then I start work at 8.30.
- I can’t really work out after work either, for the same reason. Jeremy and I drive home together. I suppose I could take the bus home, but it just feels like a waste of money, and I’d get home so late that I’d feel I’ve lost most of the day.
- I don’t have enough motivation to work out at home. I’ve tried so many times, but I just can’t seem to make myself do it. If I’m at the gym, I work out because people around me motivate me, and I might as well work out when I’m there, right? But at home, there are just so many distractions and I give up after trying for a week or so.
- I can’t really run. I’ve got problems with my knees, which means that every time I try to run, my knees click, and sometimes fluid starts to leak out and my knees swell up. Gross, I know.
I often go on to websites like Popsugar and get really motivated by their articles. But then I get stuck thinking ‘how would I actually do that?’ If anyone has got any tips for me, that would be much appreciated!
Are you in the same boat, or have you found a way to make it work? 🙂