Spring is finally here!

September 1, 2015

I know I’ve got quite a few American readers so this will not be very accurate for them seeing they are heading into autumn – the same as my family back home in Sweden. But seeing as everything is the opposite here in New Zealand, we’ve just come out of winter and spring has finally blessed us with its presence.

This winter has felt incredibly long for some reason, so I’m really looking forward to spring. And after spring comes summer, which is even better! It’s been raining a lot lately, and I don’t think that’ll stop for a while, but at least we’ll get warmer temperatures and longer days now. Not too long to go to daylight savings either. I’m really looking forward to it. It would be amazing to be able to go to work and then the gym and still come out with lots of daylight left!

I haven’t been able to take any spring photos just yet, but I’d thought I’d share some that were taken in the last couple of years, so that you’re able to see how beautiful New Zealand is in spring.

Those are only a few photos, there are so many more I could share. Whenever I look through photos either I’ve taken or Jeremy has, I feel like I should create some sort of photo book because a lot of them are so picturesque!

They get even prettier in summer when everything’s blooming and there are so many colours around. Can’t wait!

What’s your favourite season?

• koolitzable

Where I am living we only experience short period of Spring, lucky you, enjoy 🙂

September 1, 2015 at 7:20 pm Reply
  • pursuitofanewadventure

My favorite season is Autumn and I can’t wait. NZ looks gorgeous in the spring!

September 1, 2015 at 9:06 pm Reply

Autumn is pretty good too! But I have to say summer is my favourite season. Autumn is probably a close second though!

September 1, 2015 at 9:33 pm Reply
      • pursuitofanewadventure

October in the States is really nice! Summer sounds great in your part of the world. It’s 100 degrees and raining in Texas in the summer haha. But California is nice all year 🙂

September 1, 2015 at 9:37 pm Reply

For a second I forgot that you guys use Fahrenheit, and 100 degrees shocked me! Haha. Although 37 degrees Celsius is pretty darn hot!

September 1, 2015 at 9:40 pm Reply
          • pursuitofanewadventure

37 is pretty cold here hahaha! Did you get a work visa to live over seas?

September 1, 2015 at 9:44 pm

I started out on a working holiday visa, then converted that into a work visa twice, then residency and now I’m a permanent resident looking to apply for Citizenship next year 🙂

September 1, 2015 at 9:55 pm
          • pursuitofanewadventure

Congrats! I think about doing that all the time. Good for you for following your dreams!

September 1, 2015 at 10:10 pm
  • Ananya

Wow.. the pictures are so beautiful. NZ is beautiful.. where I am from, we do not really get to experience a lot of seasonal variations. We get summer for about 6-7 months. My favorite would be winter (though I can’t say I have experienced the real winter).

September 1, 2015 at 10:14 pm Reply

It’s funny how we always want what we don’t have much of. You’ve got summer for more than half the year and you want winter. And here it’s cold and rainy for most of the year, and summer for 3 months, haha.

September 1, 2015 at 10:37 pm Reply
      • Ananya

The grass always looks greener on the other side. ^_~

September 1, 2015 at 11:20 pm Reply
  • StephJ

Happy Spring! The leaves are starting to fall here in canda now, and soon i excpect we will be seeing snow. Please post more about the adventures of springtime! I would love to hear about it 🙂

September 1, 2015 at 11:13 pm Reply

Do you get snow in autumn in Canada? I will try to post a bit more about spring. I’m going travelling next month, so will upload pictures from the South Island of New Zealand!

September 2, 2015 at 6:08 am Reply
      • StephJ

Where I live it is not totally unusual to get snow during Halloween, or early November 🙁
        I look forward to seeing pictures!

September 2, 2015 at 6:11 am Reply

Wow that’s early! I know the climate in Canada is supposed to be quite similar to Sweden, but I’ve sort of forgotten when we usually start getting snow! Have been away for too long! 🙂

September 2, 2015 at 6:18 am Reply
  • mortalkatie

I visited NZ a few years ago in the summer and it was an absolutely incredible experience. I’m excited for you, enjoy your soon-to-be sunshine-y weather! (:

September 2, 2015 at 8:44 am Reply

Oh cool! Glad you liked it! Summer is pretty amazing here, and spring can sometimes be pretty great too!

September 2, 2015 at 10:47 am Reply