• Saltsjbaden Stockholm Sweden
  • Beautiful Stockholm! Cant wait to explore more of the outskirtshellip
  • Spring is here!  Took this photo while Jeremy andhellip
  • This food was delicious let me tell you! Ribs withhellip
  • Stockholm
  • Jeremy and I went out to discover a bit morehellip
  • From when we went to see Hardwell Too bad hishellip
  • The snow is so beautiful when its fresh and untouchedhellip

I’m have officially turned 27

September 28, 2015

I took a bit of a break from blogging over the weekend, mainly because I was celebrating my birthday. Well, technically my birthday is today, but because today is a Monday, I celebrated yesterday instead.

I didn’t want a big party or anything this year. After all, I’m only turning 27, so nothing major. I wanted to have a quiet one with just me and Jeremy. I got that wish. Unfortunately the day started out a bit poorly. I managed to lock the keys in the car, and had to get Jeremy to take the bus into town to come help me out. This meant that we didn’t have lunch until almost 3pm. I was so hungry by that time. We had fish burgers from Blue Island Seafood in Moera. So yummy.

After lunch Jeremy took me shopping at Queensgate. That was certainly unexpected seeing as he already helped me pay for part of my new iPhone, but he bought me a dress. Best boyfriend ever!

After the shopping, we went to see a movie. My choice of course, haha. I picked ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’. Jeremy wasn’t too ecstatic about the choice, but hey, it was my birthday! I actually really enjoyed the movie, while Jeremy came out of it annoyed at the fact that movies always need to be trilogies or similar these days. He would prefer that they stick to one movie.

I on the other hand quite liked the movie. It wasn’t amazing or anything, but it kept me excited throughout the movie, even though I was feeling quite exhausted (I was at the gym earlier that morning and that tired me out a bit, plus the shopping made me a bit tired too).

After the movie we headed straight back to town, because I wanted to go to Strawberry Fare. For those of you that don’t know Strawberry Fare, it’s a dessert restaurant (well, it’s a restaurant, but they mainly do desserts). I was craving a Crรจme Brulee, so that’s exactly what I ordered.

Jeremy was keen on a ‘Chocolate Madness’, but was told they had sold out. I would have thought they would have heaps of chocolate around, but apparently not. So he ended up ordering a Black Forest Tower instead. I really struggled with finishing my dessert. I’ve been trying to stay away from sugar as much as possible lately, so I can’t eat as much of it any more because it just gets too much.

It was a lovely day. Today is my actual birthday, but I have to work. Jeremy is taking me out for lunch. Not sure where at this stage, but fingers crossed I can enjoy lunch fully and and still be back in time for when my break ends. Working in Customer Service means that your breaks are very strict, which is always frustrating if you want to do something during your lunch.

How do you usually celebrate your birthday? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Les

Wish that I could be 27 again. I probably would do some things different, but that will never happen. Now, being 68, I have become a whole lot wiser. This is one way to look at it. Have a great Birthday.

FYI – I had visited New Zealand many years ago while serving in the US Navy. Our Destroyer took a trip “down under” for some R&R from Vietnam. We spent 4 day’s in Auckland. In my whole Life, I had never met such friendly people. They were more than glad to meet us “Yanks”. The girls of Auckland were calling the ship to “take us Yanks out on the town.”! I was amazed on how well we were treated. I will never forget what I great time I had there. Found out that you Ladies there are called “a bit of Fluff”. I thought it rather fitting, and still do. We also spent 4 day’s in Sydney, Australia. The treatment there was the same.

No Worries, girl. Be Well.

September 28, 2015 at 12:16 pm Reply

Great to hear you enjoyed your time in New Zealand. I’m not originally a New Zealander myself, I was born in Sweden and only moved here 7 years ago. But I do agree that people here are super friendly. That was one of the first things I noticed, coming from Sweden where people are more reserved and not so chatty. It’s definitely a great place to live. Thanks for your message! ๐Ÿ™‚

September 28, 2015 at 4:42 pm Reply
  • lizatalavera

Happy birthday!!!! <3

September 28, 2015 at 12:35 pm Reply
  • Thistles and Kiwis

Grattis!

September 28, 2015 at 12:36 pm Reply
  • StephJ

Happy Birthday!

September 28, 2015 at 12:39 pm Reply
  • Amanda Bella

Wishing you the Happiest of Birthday’s!! I just turned 27 in June + have been embracing this age! I think you’ll have a wonderful year ahead!! XOXO ๐Ÿ™‚

September 28, 2015 at 3:08 pm Reply

Thank you. 27 is not that bad! To be honest, I don’t mind getting older, it’s the grey hair I’m already getting that’s peeving me off! Haha.

September 28, 2015 at 4:44 pm Reply
      • Amanda Bella

Hahaha aw!! I have soo many grey hairs, they’re the worst!

September 29, 2015 at 2:31 am Reply

I know. They suck. Oh well, we’re all bound to get them at some stage! Some of us earlier than others, haha.

September 29, 2015 at 11:05 am Reply
  • Maree

Happy Birthday! Was thinking about seeing that movie – should I bother?

September 28, 2015 at 4:23 pm Reply

Thank you! It really depends what kind of movies you’re into. If you liked the first Maze Runner movie, I think you’ll like the second. ๐Ÿ™‚ Lots of action.

September 28, 2015 at 4:44 pm Reply
      • Maree

Hmm may have to go check it out then! ๐Ÿ™‚

September 28, 2015 at 10:29 pm Reply
  • Lisa Villaume

Happy Birthday! It does sound like a lovely birthday. Usually for mine I do something fitness related, go for a hike, run etc then go out for a swish dinner. Like you I prefer to spend time with my loved ones x

September 28, 2015 at 9:43 pm Reply

Wow, I normally don’t exercise on my birthday, but this time I actually went to the gym in the morning! ๐Ÿ™‚

September 29, 2015 at 11:04 am Reply
  • militarywife

Happy birthday ! ๐Ÿ™‚ I looked at the reviews for “the Maze Runner” before heading to the movies.. my husband wasn’t really interested in seeing it because it had bad reviews… but since you liked it I might go and see it myself (without the hubby).

September 29, 2015 at 4:38 am Reply

Well, don’t trust me to have good judgement when it comes to movies. I always seem to like what others don’t and dislike what others love, haha!

September 29, 2015 at 11:05 am Reply
      • militarywife

Well I did like the first movie, so I might like the second. I also think the main actor is really good!

September 29, 2015 at 5:37 pm Reply
  • Senatus Populusque Romanus

Happy Birthday Sophie! The desserts look delicious!!!

September 29, 2015 at 10:32 pm Reply
  • pshicks

Really good to see you had a good birthday!

In answer to your question about how others usually celebrate their birthday, I usually celebrate with family and my girlfriend but who knows what I will be doing next year as I have recently moved to Vancouver in Canada, some 4,700 miles away from my family! Hope your 27th year brings you everything you want!

Phil x

October 2, 2015 at 9:10 am Reply

Celebrating with family is great ๐Ÿ™‚ Unfortunately my family is on the other side of the world, haha. Hope you have a great time in Canada!

October 2, 2015 at 1:52 pm Reply