• When going for a walk in Vaxholm I spotted thishellip
  • This phot was taken at one of Stockholms most popularhellip
  • Vaxholm Stockholm Sweden  Probably one of my favourite placeshellip
  • I dont know why but I just love alleyways inhellip
  • The parliament building Stockholm Sweden     swedenhellip
  • Saltsjbaden Stockholm
  • I actually felt a bit sorry for this guy Therehellip
  • I went for a walk in Gamla Stan the otherhellip

Let’s be positive!

November 19, 2015
Happy

I haven’t always been a very positive person. In fact, I’ve struggled quite a bit with it. I often find myself worrying about what could go wrong, rather than focusing on what could go right. I also struggle quite a bit with confidence. I look at other people and always think that everyone’s so much better than me in so many ways.

But it’s time for that to stop. I decided quite a while ago that I needed to change the way I think. I need to focus on the good stuff and I need to believe in myself more. I need to remember all the amazing things I’ve done in my life, and all the things that are still to come. And not just me – we all do!

I used to have quite serious mood swings. The tiniest things people said to me that annoyed me would pretty much ruin my whole day. The brain is really powerful that way. If I don’t fight the negative thinking, it can sometimes overwhelm me and it takes a lot of effort to try to be happy again.

A while back, I set myself a goal to not have an argument in a whole month. It surprised me that I actually succeeded. Every time I felt annoyed by something someone said, I would stop myself, take a deep breath and think ‘does it really matter’? 90% of the time I realised I was the one who was being silly and overreacting. And the other 10% of the time I decided that it wasn’t worth my time getting worked up about it.

I’m trying my hardest to stay on this path because it really has made me a lot happier. And I think happiness rubs off on people just as well as anger and frustration does. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spread happiness.

Are you a positive person, or do you struggle with negative thinking?

• paradoxicalsprite

Thanks for this post. Posivity is something I struggle with as well and it’s nice to be reminded every now and then, to rise above daily annoyances.

November 19, 2015 at 7:18 am Reply

I think a lot of us struggle with it, so it’s always good to be reminded and try our best to change negative thinking into positive thinking!

November 19, 2015 at 10:56 am Reply
  • beautyandthelook1

I too sometimes struggle with negative thoughts and I think way too much into some things. This post is a great reminder to be positive and not let little things get to you πŸ™‚ x

November 19, 2015 at 7:37 am Reply

Great to hear you found my post a great reminder to be positive. I also often find that other bloggers inspire me, so it’s always awesome to find that my posts inspire others.

November 19, 2015 at 10:57 am Reply
      • beautyandthelook1

This post really did inspire me, I had no idea that some people experienced it too! Sometimes when I get that way I think is it just me that gets like this?! xx

November 19, 2015 at 11:01 am Reply

I know what you mean, I sometimes also think I’m the only one who feels a certain way πŸ™‚

November 20, 2015 at 6:30 am Reply
  • pursuitofanewadventure

Congrats Sophie! A whole month is a big deal. Yes I let things get the best of me as well. Cheers to you πŸ™‚

November 19, 2015 at 10:21 am Reply

I really didn’t think I could make it a whole month, so I was quite impressed with myself! I think we all could do it if we tried really hard! πŸ™‚

November 19, 2015 at 11:00 am Reply
  • Sheridan Johnson

Wow, that is amazing and I definitely think the more positive I am, the more positive people around me are. I try to remember this when I am with my toddler all day as well. Getting mad/upset over little things, has led her to be the same.exact.way. Today, I chose to stop and live in the moment with her. All day until she went to bed. It was amazing! Great post! πŸ™‚

November 19, 2015 at 4:52 pm Reply

Great stuff. I totally agree that our positivity rubs off on those around us, just as well as negativity does. I’ve recently decided to spend less time with those who always focus on the bad stuff as I realised it was bringing me down. πŸ™‚ and toddlers are probably the once you can influence the most so good on you for trying to be positive around her!

November 20, 2015 at 6:36 am Reply
  • betsysmorris

I love this post. I’ve tried having a day where I don’t say anything negative – not one thing, however innocent. There can be a few difficult moments, but by the end of the day I found I was actually thinking more positively, so it’s a very good thing. Keep up the good work!

November 19, 2015 at 11:28 pm Reply

Good on you! It can sometimes be hard to get out of the pattern of saying negative things, but I believe it’s a habit that everyone can get rid of if they try hard enough!

November 20, 2015 at 6:38 am Reply
  • StephJ

I have been struggling with negative thoughts a lot lately with work, I tend to fixate. Perhaps I will set a monthly goal to be more positive at work like you did, most times I myself am overreacting to things. Thanks for sharing!

November 20, 2015 at 1:11 am Reply

Oh I struggle a bit with negative thinking at work too. I work with customer service so I often get people yelling at me or calling me stupid. It’s moments like those you need positive thinking the most! πŸ™‚

November 21, 2015 at 3:57 pm Reply
  • Amanda Bella

Wow! This is amazing. Good for you for setting a goal + sticking to it. Definitely seems like you made a really positive change. πŸ™‚

November 20, 2015 at 4:38 am Reply

Thank you! I am quite happy with how I went. Now I just need to work hard on keeping it this way!

November 21, 2015 at 3:57 pm Reply
  • Marsman

I’m a very positive person. I try to incorporate that into my life. I try to do do my best even at work

November 20, 2015 at 1:50 pm Reply

Sounds like you’re in a good frame of mind! πŸ™‚

November 21, 2015 at 4:02 pm Reply
      • Randy Andrews

Yes, I’m always in a good frame of mind. It’s part of my personality and I love to share my positive attitude with anyone!

November 21, 2015 at 5:08 pm Reply

Awesome! πŸ™‚ We need more people like you around.

November 21, 2015 at 6:54 pm Reply
  • lorisaloves

Love this post.. Being Mindful can really change the way you react to the world and improves your emotional wellbeing. There’s an amazing book called ‘The Secret’ which gives loads of tips on how to be positive and happy πŸ™‚

November 22, 2015 at 10:42 pm Reply