• Saltsjbaden Stockholm Sweden
  • Beautiful Stockholm! Cant wait to explore more of the outskirtshellip
  • Spring is here!  Took this photo while Jeremy andhellip
  • This food was delicious let me tell you! Ribs withhellip
  • Stockholm
  • Jeremy and I went out to discover a bit morehellip
  • From when we went to see Hardwell Too bad hishellip
  • The snow is so beautiful when its fresh and untouchedhellip

I need a hobby!

December 6, 2015

I’ve always been jealous of those people who have something they absolutely love doing, and do it often. For me, finding a hobby has always been a struggle. There are heaps of things out there that I enjoy doing, but I always seem to get tired of doing it after a while.

I’m famous for giving things up halfway through and never finishing what I’m doing. I don’t know why I am that way, and I would love to find something that I can keep doing without getting bored.

The other day, I suddenly felt like learning how to knit. I still feel like it actually. But I know for sure that if I go out and buy the supplies, I will likely do it for a few days, and then I’ll be over it. So it would just end up being a waste of money. Plus, I don’t know if I’m able to teach myself how to knit, so I would likely need to get someone to show me how.

I’ve done heaps of things in the past:

Cross stitch
Photography
Photo editing
Drawing
Scrapbooking
Crafts
Baking

But although I love all of the above things, I simply lose motivation. It’s quite frustrating actually. I think I might have to focus on finding something I enjoy doing as a hobby next year. Perhaps I’ll make it one of my New Year’s resolutions.

I think one of my problems is that I don’t have enough patience. I want to see results straight away. So if I start a cross stitch for example, I get annoyed that it takes so long to finish it. I suppose I just need to learn that good things take time.

Oh well, I’m off to Pinterest to find some inspiration and have a think about what I can do.

What do you do as a hobby?

• Marsman

Learning how to knit would be very useful. My wife, Hayley taught herself how to knit and after only 6 years has learned how to do her own patterns. She also had her own knitting blog. ..cottagechickknits.com. You should at least check out the blog, you might even learn something.

December 6, 2015 at 5:06 pm Reply
  • betsysmorris

Isn’t blogging your hobby? I think you do a fantastic job at it!

December 7, 2015 at 1:15 am Reply

You’re totally right, I didn’t even think about that. Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙂

December 7, 2015 at 10:27 am Reply
  • Les

Yes, Sophie, I do have hobbies and have some of the same problems as you do. Photography, woodworking, and playing Golf (when I can afford it) are most of what I do for fun. Knitting is out of the question! I get bored with Photography at times, for the reason that I can’t seem to find subjects that interest me all the time. Playing Golf is very frustrating, when all does not go well. Plus it get’s expensive to play 3 times a week. Woodworking is nice, but I get frustrated when something I’m making get’s messed up and then I have to start all over again. I’m sure that a pretty Lady like you can find something that will keep your interest.

December 7, 2015 at 3:32 am Reply

I can totally understand where you’re coming from with the woodwork. As soon as something goes wrong, it gets pretty frustrating. I feel the same about my paper crafts. I wouldn’t even consider golfing, haha. I tried it once and I am very, very bad at it! 🙂

December 7, 2015 at 10:29 am Reply
  • Kiri

I’m kind of like you, jumping from goby to hobby, project to project. I decided to hand knit some scarves for my nieces birthdays and it took forever and I was a bit bored with it by the end.

December 7, 2015 at 6:45 am Reply

Yeah, it’s frustrating when it takes a long time, but I guess it’s worth it when you get to the end and have the final product in your hands. I’ve just never made it that far so I can’t know for sure! Haha.

December 7, 2015 at 10:30 am Reply
  • J Seaton

I find blogging to be a fun hobby (though that includes cooking for the blog as well)…but since you already do that, I guess I don’t have any suggestions…

December 12, 2015 at 3:07 pm Reply

Yeah, blogging is definitely a fun hobby! I just didn’t really think of it when I wrote the post. But I guess because I do it for fun, it’s considered a hobby, right? 🙂

December 12, 2015 at 4:48 pm Reply