Is is just me, or does it feel like New Year’s Eve was just yesterday? Time just seems to be flying, and I have mixed feelings about it. There is so much I need to get done this year, and I’m really hoping that I’ve got enough time. It’s going to be a very busy year indeed. Here are a few things we need to do:
– Sort out residency/citizenship applications
– Figure out if we rent our house out furnished or unfurnished
– Find out how much rent we can charge
– Choose a landlord for the house while we’re away
– Save more money
– Sell things around the house we won’t need once we move
– Decide what’s coming with us and what’s not
– Think about where in Sweden we want to live
– Decide what we want to work with in Sweden
– Create an emergency account for the house
Part of me feels like I need to get everything done now so I don’t have to worry about it later, but the other part of me knows that’s not possible. Jeremy’s Swedish residency application will take its time, and we can’t really do anything to affect it. We can’t really start thinking about renting out the house until later in the year, seeing as we have to live in it till then. We can’t really apply for jobs in Sweden until later in the year, or even after we’ve arrived.
We can’t find a property in Sweden until we’re there. All we can do at the moment is pretty much wait, think and save money. I just feel stressed because I’d prefer sorting stuff out as early as possible, rather than leaving it till last minute. But I guess sometimes you don’t really have a choice. Although I say I’m stressed, I’m also super excited. One month down, 10 to go pretty much!