• Saltsjbaden Stockholm Sweden
  • Beautiful Stockholm! Cant wait to explore more of the outskirtshellip
  • Spring is here!  Took this photo while Jeremy andhellip
  • This food was delicious let me tell you! Ribs withhellip
  • Stockholm
  • Jeremy and I went out to discover a bit morehellip
  • From when we went to see Hardwell Too bad hishellip
  • The snow is so beautiful when its fresh and untouchedhellip

Too many thoughts

April 18, 2016

I haven’t written much at all the last week, for a few reasons. Firstly, I haven’t been feeling too well. It’s been a bit on and off, and secondly, I’ve struggled with making decisions around what to write. Do you ever find yourself wanting to write about a bunch of things, but can’t figure out how to write about them? That’s sort of how I’ve felt recently.

I’ve got so many thoughts and ideas that instead of it being a good thing, it’s making it harder to decide what I want to do. That applies to other things in my life too. I’m great at coming up with ideas, but terrible at making them happen. Ugh… if only I could stop overthinking things.

It’s quite frustrating actually. I’ll start writing a post, but then decide it’s not good enough and just trash it instead. Then I’ll start on another one, and do the exact same thing. Just thought I’d write up a quick post just to let you know I’m still around, haha! I’ll try to get some more posts written up soon!

Do you ever find it difficult to decide what to write about?

• Thistles and Kiwis

Yes I struggle too sometimes – maybe look at some blog challenges for ideas? But always write from the heart.

April 18, 2016 at 4:03 pm Reply
    • Sophie

Might have to do that! Thanks for the tip 🙂

April 18, 2016 at 4:05 pm Reply
  • Miriam

Hey Sophie, yeah I have trouble too sometimes. Mostly I try not to plan too much though and just write from the heart. That’s when I know it’s going to come fairly easily. When I over think things it takes much longer and I get bogged down. Don’t be disheartened. 🙂

April 18, 2016 at 5:02 pm Reply
    • Sophie

Yeah, I sometimes struggle with writing from the heart because I feel like it wouldn’t be interesting enough. I think I just need to start worrying less.

April 18, 2016 at 5:13 pm Reply
      • Miriam

Yes, worry less. I used to be like that. When I started I was scared of putting myself out there and worried that my personal thoughts and every day worries wouldn’t be interesting enough to read. But I guess that’s when people can really relate. And regardless, it’s a great release.

April 18, 2016 at 5:15 pm Reply
        • Sophie

You’re totally right! Thank you. Worrying less is something that I need to apply to most things in my life, haha.

April 18, 2016 at 5:17 pm Reply
          • Miriam

I know the feeling! 🙂

April 18, 2016 at 5:22 pm
  • Marsman

Definately, sometimes with my soundtrack blog I really need to think what creative thing I can write about that specific soundtrack. We all have times like that. Don’t feel bad, and get better.

April 19, 2016 at 2:31 am Reply
    • Sophie

I’m glad to hear I’m not alone! 🙂

April 19, 2016 at 6:51 am Reply
  • Les

Yes, most all the time. I never really know what is a good subject to Post about. I really never know who is going to like my Post or not. Most of the time I take a big chance. Since most all of my Posts are about the History that is around the area, I don’t know who is in to Historical stuff like me. I am going to try and Post more about what’s going on with me and see what happens. I never get hardly any comments, so I should try something a bit different. Best wishes, girl.

April 19, 2016 at 3:38 am Reply
    • Sophie

I wouldn’t worry too much about not getting many comments, I sometimes don’t get any either. But as long as my posts are being read, I’m happy 🙂

April 19, 2016 at 6:53 am Reply
  • lanehollaway

I struggle with this too! It’s hard to focus on one thing! I’ve found that it helps to figure out who you’re writing to. It helps make the posts more natural.

April 19, 2016 at 6:52 am Reply
    • Sophie

Yeah I’ve struggled a bit with figuring out who my readers are because they all seem so different. Thanks for the comment! 🙂

April 19, 2016 at 6:58 am Reply