Yup, today is Friday the 13th, a day many fear. I’m not going to lie, I’m extra careful when it’s Friday the 13th and I don’t even know why. I don’t even believe in it, and still there must be a small part of me that does. I can’t actually recall anything terrible happening to me on that day, except one time when I just had an overall shitty day. That doesn’t count though, does it?
I decided to look up some facts about Friday the 13th, and I thought I’d share what I found with you.
- Friday the 13th happens at least once every year, and the longest period of time that can pass without one is 14 months.
- The fear of Friday the 13th is called Friggatriskaidekaphopia.
- Tupac Shakur died on Friday, September 13, 1996.
- Taylor Swift turned 13 on Friday the 13th, and considers 13 her lucky number.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were born on Friday the 13th
- On Friday April 13, 2029, a large asteroid will be visible without a telescope in Africa, Europe and Asia according to NASA.
- In some Spanish-speaking countries, Tuesday the 13th is considered unlucky.
- The 13th ‘Friday the 13th’ movie is due to be released in 2017.
- There are no mentions of Friday the 13th before the 19th century.
- Friday the 13th occurred three times in 2012 and 2015, all 13 weeks apart.
To those of you who fear the day, I’m sure you’ll have a great day, just try not to think about it. 🙂